Subject: [v6ops] FW: New Version Notification for draft-gundavelli-v6ops-community-wifi-svcs-03.txt

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 20:45:39 -0800

Comments appreciated.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-gundavelli-v6ops-community-wifi-svcs-03.txt

Sri

------ Forwarded Message
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 20:14:33 -0700
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gundavelli-v6ops-community-wifi-svcs-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-gundavelli-v6ops-community-wifi-svcs-03.txt has
been successfully submitted by Sri Gundavelli and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:  draft-gundavelli-v6ops-community-wifi-svcs
Revision:  03
Title:   Service Provider Wi-Fi Services Over Residential Architectures
Creation date:  2012-03-11
WG ID:   Individual Submission
Number of pages: 17

Abstract:
   The tremendous growth in Wi-Fi technology adoption over the last
   decade has met the ultimate possible goal of 100% adoption rate.  All
   most every new mobile device is now equipped with IEEE 802.11-based
   wireless interface and with pre-configured policy to prefer Wi-Fi to
   cellular access.  Matching this evolution is every service provider&#39;s
   desire to offer Wi-Fi based broadband services; a new business
   opportunity even for fixed line operators.  Operators are exploring
   options to monetize their existing networks, most with nation-wide
   footprint, to build a high-speed Wi-Fi service that can be the basis
   for offering new wireless broadband services.  This document
   identifies the requirements for supporting these new Wi-Fi community
   services and the mobility tools which have been standardized in IETF
   that can be used for enabling these architectures.

The IETF Secretariat

------ End of Forwarded Message