Subject: [v6ops] RFC 6555 on Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack Hosts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:11:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6555

        Title:      Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack 
                    Hosts 
        Author:     D. Wing, A. Yourtchenko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34048
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6555.txt

When a server's IPv4 path and protocol are working, but the server's
IPv6 path and protocol are not working, a dual-stack client
application experiences significant connection delay compared to an
IPv4-only client.  This is undesirable because it causes the dual-
stack client to have a worse user experience.  This document
specifies requirements for algorithms that reduce this user-visible
delay and provides an algorithm.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC