Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 03:25:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Discard Prefix for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Nick Hilliard
                          David Freedman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-04.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-05-22

   Remote triggered black hole filtering describes a method of
   mitigating the effects of denial-of-service attacks by selectively
   discarding traffic based on source or destination address.  Remote
   triggered black hole routing describes a method of selectively re-
   routing traffic into a sinkhole router (for further analysis) based
   on destination address.  This document updates RFC5156 by explaining
   why a unique IPv6 prefix should be formally assigned by IANA for the
   purpose of facilitating IPv6 remote triggered black hole filtering
   and routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-04.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix/