Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:53:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Wireline Incremental IPv6
	Author(s)       : Victor Kuarsingh
                          Lee Howard
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-05-22

   Operators worldwide are in various stages of preparing for, or
   deploying IPv6 into their networks.  The operators often face
   difficult challenges related to both IPv6 introduction along with
   those related to IPv4 run out.  Operators will need to meet the
   simultaneous needs of IPv6 connectivity and continue support for IPv4
   connectivity for legacy devices with a stagnant supply of IPv4
   addresses.  The IPv6 transition will take most networks from an IPv4-
   only environment to an IPv6 dominant environment with long transition
   period varying by operator.  This document helps provide a framework
   for wireline providers who are faced with the challenges of
   introducing IPv6 along with meeting the legacy needs of IPv4
   connectivity utilizing well defined and commercially available IPv6
   transition technologies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6-03.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6/