Subject: [v6ops] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-02.txt

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 03:15:05 +0000

For your reading pleasure and comments.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-02.txt

Tina
@ 2001:db8:1:ffff:e8e2:7822:9d12:e12e

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:37 PM
To: Zhouqian (Cathy)
Cc: Tina TSOU; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Cathy Zhou and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6
Revision:	 02
Title:		 A Reference Framework for DC Migration to IPv6
Creation date:	 2012-06-19
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-02
Diff:            http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-02

Abstract:
   This document is intended to provide a reference framework for
   datacenter operators planning for a migration of their
   infrastructures to IPv6.  It aims to offer a scheme for evaluating
   different products and architectures, and therefore it is also
   addressed to manufacturers and solution providers, so they can use it
   to gauge their solutions.  We believe this will translate in a
   smoother and faster transition of these infrastuctures into IPv6

   The document focuses on the DC infrastructure itself, its operation,
   and the aspects related to DC interconnection through IPv6.  It does
   not consider the particular mechanisms for making Internet services
   provided by applications hosted in the DC available through IPv6
   beyond the specific aspects related to how their deployment on the DC
   infrastructure.

   Apart from facilitating the migration procedure itself, the
   mechanisms outlined here are intended to make this migration as
   transparent as possible (if not completely transparent) to
   applications and services running on the DC infrastructure, as well
   as to take advantage of IPv6 features to simplify DC operations,
   internally and across the Internet.

The IETF Secretariat