Subject: [v6ops] goals of draft-zhang-v6ops-ipv6oa-iwf-00.txt

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:13:17 +0200

Hi,

I had a look at <draft-zhang-v6ops-ipv6oa-iwf-00.txt> and I am not
sure what exactly this I-D proposes. Apparently, I am not clear what
the "Interworking Function" discussed in the document boils down to.

- If it is simply an IPv6 router, than I believe there is no problem
  with connecting an ATM network to an Ethernet network.

- If the "Interworking Function" is not an IP layer function, then (a)
  where is it defined how such an "Interworking Function" works and
  (b) why should the working group focusing primarily on IPv6
  operational and deployment issues worry about this?

There might be simple answers to these question, I just did not find
them easily in the document.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>