Subject: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6-05.txt> (Wireline Incremental IPv6) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 07:49:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Wireline Incremental IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6-05.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Operators worldwide are in various stages of preparing for, or
   deploying IPv6 into their networks.  The operators often face
   difficult challenges related to both IPv6 introduction along with
   those related to IPv4 run out.  Operators will need to meet the
   simultaneous needs of IPv6 connectivity and continue support for IPv4
   connectivity for legacy devices with a stagnant supply of IPv4
   addresses.  The IPv6 transition will take most networks from an IPv4-
   only environment to an IPv6 dominant environment with long transition
   period varying by operator.  This document helps provide a framework
   for wireline providers who are faced with the challenges of
   introducing IPv6 along with meeting the legacy needs of IPv4
   connectivity utilizing well defined and commercially available IPv6
   transition technologies.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.