Subject: [v6ops] 464xlate, to be discussed friday in v6ops...

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 16:16:40 -0700

FYI,

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-05

Will be discussed in v6ops on friday. This draft was dicussed prior to 
IETF84 as possibly being appropriate for sunset4, and was presented 
there. We belive in consultation with our ADs that v6ops remains the 
most appropriate location for it given the evolving nature of the 
sunset4 charter.

thanks
joel

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 07:56:15 +0200 (CEST)

> most appropriate location for it given the evolving nature of the 

I believe 464XLATE is an important piece in the puzzle to get ipv6 
adopted, not only for sunsetting IPv4 so I agree with the above text.

I'm in the process of testing the 464XLATE enabled image for Galaxy Nexus 
that Cameron Byrne posted about because NAT64/DNS64 alone will not work 
give a good user experience on v6 only access (too many apps won't work), 
and 464XLATE seems to be one way to greatly improve the customer 
experience.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]