Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: FW: New Version Notification for draft-byrne-v6ops-64share-00.txt

From: Cameron Byrne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:09:11 -0700

v6ops,

As many of you may recall, there was a lot of list traffic on solving
the issue how to share a 3GPP mobile interface /64 to a tethered LAN.
There was also a clear message that DHCPv6 was a far way off and an
interim solution was needed to share the /64 from 3GPP interface to
local LAN.

This problem was removed from the scope of 464XLAT, and Dan and I
wrote an I-D documenting what Dan has submitted to Android Open Source
Project for solving this problem.   This method is known to work on
the T-Mobile USA network using a slightly modified version of Android
(link to Nexus S build below).

It is also worth noting that Verizon Wireless has been reported to be
sharing the 3GPP /64 to tethered LANs, i have no first hand knowledge
of how this is achieved.  The external behavior sounds the same as
this draft, but i cannot confirm.

Android code submission https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/38390/

Functional IPv6 WLAN tethering Android builds for Nexus S
http://dan.drown.org/android/clat/

-00 I-D, your review and comments welcome
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-byrne-v6ops-64share-00

Thanks,

Cameron

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 2:20 PM
To: Byrne, Cameron
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-byrne-v6ops-64share-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-byrne-v6ops-64share-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Cameron Byrne and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-byrne-v6ops-64share
Revision:        00
Title:           Sharing /64 3GPP Mobile Interface Subnet to a LAN
Creation date:   2012-09-28
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 5
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-byrne-v6ops-64share-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-byrne-v6ops-64share
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-byrne-v6ops-64share-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a known and implemented method of sharing a
   /64 IPv6 subnet from a 3GPP interface to a tethered LAN.

The IETF Secretariat