Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-6204bis-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:19:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers
	Author(s)       : Hemant Singh
                          Wes Beebee
                          Chris Donley
                          Barbara Stark
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-6204bis-11.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-09-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies requirements for an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE)
   router.  Specifically, the current version of this document focuses
   on the basic provisioning of an IPv6 CE router and the provisioning
   of IPv6 hosts attached to it.  The document also covers IP transition
   technologies.  Two transition technologies in RFC 5969's 6rd and RFC
   6333's DS-Lite are covered in the document.  The document obsoletes
   RFC 6204, if approved.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6204bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-6204bis-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-6204bis-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ole Trøan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:12:57 +0200

from the diffset:

           "Even though this document has Informational status, it specifies	
 	   requirements using RFC 2119 language, but not strictly for the	
 	   purpose of interoperability.  Some requirements are intentionally	
 	   specified for the purpose of establishing industry-common baseline	
 	   functionality.  As such, the document points to several other	
 	   specifications (preferable in RFC or stable form) to provide	
 	   additional guidance to implementers regarding any protocol	
 	   implementation required to produce a successful CPE router that	
 	   interoperates successfully with a particular subset of currently	
 	   deploying and planned common IPv6 access networks."

can we make the document "Proposed Standard" instead?

WAA-5: why the change, which in my opinion is just a clumsy fyi addition?

cheers,
Ole

On Sep 25, 2012, at 17:19 , [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:26:15 -0700

> can we make the document "Proposed Standard" instead?

That's been hashed out on this list and the minutes of the meetings 
already.

The language change is to satisfy an IESG discuss not change the status 
of the document.
> WAA-5: why the change, which in my opinion is just a clumsy fyi addition?

also the product of a discuss.