Subject: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-06.txt> (Stateless Source Address Mapping for ICMPv6 Packets) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:51:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Stateless Source Address Mapping for ICMPv6 Packets'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-06.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A stateless IPv4/IPv6 translator may receive ICMPv6 packets
   containing non IPv4-translatable addresses as the source.  These
   packets should be passed across the translator as ICMP packets
   directed to the IPv4 destination.  This document presents
   recommendations for source address translation in ICMPv6 headers to
   handle such cases.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.