Subject: [v6ops] Protocol Action: 'Stateless Source Address Mapping for ICMPv6 Packets' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:10:53 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Stateless Source Address Mapping for ICMPv6 Packets'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ronald Bonica and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address/

Technical Summary

   A stateless IPv4/IPv6 translator may receive ICMPv6 packets
   containing non IPv4-translatable addresses as the source that should
   be passed across the translator as an ICMP packet directed to the
   IPv4-translatable destination.  This document presents
   recommendations for source address translation and original source 
   address transport in ICMPv6 headers for such cases.

Working Group Summary

The working group process was pretty straightforward. The authors brought an initial proposal, which was not accepted, and working group discussion resulted in the document's recommendation. To the shepherd's knowledge, there is no dissent regarding the final recommendation.

Document Quality

There are existing implementations of the procedure and protocol in question. It has been tested in CERNET/CERNET2.

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

The Document Shepherd is Fred Baker. The Responsible AD is Ron Bonica.

RFC Editor Note

OLD>  [RFC6145] section 5.2 of the "IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm"  document. states 
NEW> [RFC6145] section 5.3 of the "IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm"  document states