Subject: Re: [v6ops] new draft: draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop

From: Havard Eidnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:58:57 +0100 (CET)

>> > and how much of good people's time do you plan to waste on this
>> > windmill, don?
>>
>> Randy,
>>
>> you're right that we appear to have backed ourselves into a corner where we
>> expect kit to be able to handle TLV processing at wire speed.
>>
>> Rather than stowing thrones, do you have any constructive suggestions on
>> how to deal with the situation?
>
> How about deprecate fragmentation at the IP layer and standardize a
> higher-layer alternative?

Would you care to venture a guess as to how long it will take for
such an alternative to be standardized, implemented, and widely
deployed so that it can actually be used?

What do you suggest we do in the mean time?

I'll venture a guess that it's going to take "too long".

Regards,

- Håvard