Subject: [v6ops] RFC 6782 on Wireline Incremental IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 07:56:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6782

        Title:      Wireline Incremental IPv6 
        Author:     V. Kuarsingh, Ed.,
                    L. Howard
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 71197
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-wireline-incremental-ipv6-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6782.txt

Operators worldwide are in various stages of preparing for or
deploying IPv6 in their networks.  These operators often face
difficult challenges related to IPv6 introduction, along with those
related to IPv4 run-out.  Operators will need to meet the
simultaneous needs of IPv6 connectivity and continue support for IPv4
connectivity for legacy devices with a stagnant supply of IPv4
addresses.  The IPv6 transition will take most networks from an IPv4-
only environment to an IPv6-dominant environment with long transition
periods varying by operator.  This document helps provide a framework
for wireline providers who are faced with the challenges of
introducing IPv6 along with meeting the legacy needs of IPv4
connectivity, utilizing well-defined and commercially available IPv6
transition technologies.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC