Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:58:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile Devices
	Author(s)       : David Binet
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Ales Vizdal
                          Cameron Byrne
                          Gang Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-04-29

Abstract:
   This document specifies an IPv6 profile for 3GPP mobile devices.  It
   lists the set of features a 3GPP mobile device is to be compliant
   with to connect to an IPv6-only or dual-stack wireless network
   (including 3GPP cellular network and IEEE 802.11 network).

   This document defines a different profile than the one for general
   connection to IPv6 cellular networks defined in
   [I-D.ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis].  In particular, this document identifies
   also features to deliver IPv4 connectivity service over an IPv6-only
   transport.

   Both hosts and devices with capability to share their WAN (Wide Area
   Network) connectivity are in scope.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Teemu Savolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:24:10 +0300

Thank you Med for these two additional fixes, seems to be OK!

Teemu
On Apr 30, 2013 8:59 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>

---

From: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 13:46:09 +0900

I object to the text "List in one single document all requirements a mobile
device is to comply with to connect to an IPv6 or dual-stack mobile
network."

There are tens of millions of consumer devices out there that connect to
dual-stack mobile networks every day, and yet none of them meet all the
requirements of this document. Actually, I bet none of them even meet all
the MUSTs in the document.

So obviously, mobile devices don't need to comply with these requirements
"to connect to an IPv6 or dual-stack mobile network".

Please remove the text or reword it to reflect reality.