Subject: [v6ops] RFC 6877 on 464XLAT: Combination of Stateful and Stateless Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:36:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6877

        Title:      464XLAT: Combination of Stateful and 
                    Stateless Translation 
        Author:     M. Mawatari, M. Kawashima,
                    C. Byrne
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31382
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6877.txt

This document describes an architecture (464XLAT) for providing
limited IPv4 connectivity across an IPv6-only network by combining
existing and well-known stateful protocol translation (as described
in RFC 6146) in the core and stateless protocol translation (as
described in RFC 6145) at the edge. 464XLAT is a simple and scalable
technique to quickly deploy limited IPv4 access service to IPv6-only
edge networks without encapsulation.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC