Subject: [v6ops] Suresh Krishnan's Yes on charter-ietf-v6ops-04-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:38:54 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-v6ops-04-01: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-v6ops/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am highly supportive of this charter but I want to make sure that one
item is addressed. v6ops has traditionally worked on CPE router
requirements and I do not see any mention of this in the charter. I would
like to see some verbiage added in this regard.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 13:45:33 -0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-v6ops/

Thank you.

Good suggestion -- I tried to find a good place to add this. How about I add:
"The group will also document basic requirements for IPv6 CPE" to the
end of the "IPv6 operational and deployment issues with specific
protocols or
technologies... " paragraph?

W
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:09:05 -0400

Fred suggested:

5. Document operational requirements for IPv6 networks.

I just updated the charter text with this (and Ben's improvement
("IPv6 deployment has resulted in the shutdown of IPv4 in some
networks. Removing IPv4 constraints has resulted in innovations in
IPv6 network operations.")).
Hopefully that addresses your comment -- it covers (IMO) CPE as well
as other operational bits -- I could also make it something like:

5. Document operational requirements for IPv6 networks and CPE.

W

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:34:23 -0700

> On Apr 26, 2017, at 8:09 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

My opinion, which could be wrong, is the the network starts at the host and extends to other hosts and services, and has a variety of interconnected networks in between. The CPE is a specific node in that graph, not special other than its place in business or security.

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:59:12 -0400

Hi Fred/Warren,
  I am happy with either.

Thanks
Suresh