Subject: [v6ops] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-v6ops-v4v6-xlat-prefix-01

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 23:49:58 -0700

Reviewer: Roni Even
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-v6ops-v4v6-xlat-prefix-??
Reviewer: Roni Even
Review Date: 2017-05-27
IETF LC End Date: 2017-06-05
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:
The document is ready with issues for publication as standard track
RFC
Major issues:

Minor issues:
I was wondering why this document does not update RFC6052. My
reasoning is that RFC7915 section 6 says "The translator MUST support
the stateless address mapping algorithm defined in [RFC6052], which is
the default behavior."  This document suggests that the mapping in
this document can be used.

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: Tore Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 13:27:28 +0200

Hi Roni, and thank you for your review.

> this document can be used.

There's nothing in RFC6052 that needs updating, as RFC6052 already
caters for the use of its stateless address mapping algorithm with
arbitrary IPv6 prefixes outside of the WKP 64:ff9b::/96.

Tore