Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost a working group draft?

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 23:07:15 +0000

See below for a new draft version that attempts to address the latest series of list
comments. Most of the changes are in Section 1 and address the comments asking
for more flexible text. However, now the only example Prefix Delegation service
cited is DHCPv6 PD. That seems to be the only common example cited by all other
works that concern prefix delegation, plus it is widely deployed and works great. 

Comments?

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-18.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Prefix Delegation Models
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-18.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-12-19

Abstract:
   IPv6 prefixes are typically delegated to requesting routers which
   assign them to their downstream-attached links and networks.  This
   document considers prefix delegation models according to whether the
   requesting router acts as a router on behalf of any downstream
   networks, as a host on behalf of its local applications or as both.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-18
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt