Subject: [vwrap] Status and future of the VWRAP working group

From: Katherine Mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:15:11 -0800

Like Meadhbh, I am not terribly optimistic that we can come to consensus on
continuing, because we suffer from a problem of not enough willing draft
editors and implementers.  I honestly think that the use case for virtual
world interoperability at this point is not strong enough for
standardization to be the correct choice.

However, I am willing to continue being the accessibility professional
contributing to the group no matter which decision is made.  It is not quite
clear whether my work with the W3C-WAI UAAG continues if this working group
founders, but if anyone who I haven't already talked with has serious
interest in being an implementer focusing on accessibility features for
viewers (with a universal design bent towards making viewers which are more
usable for everyone) OR someone who understands virtual world viewers & the
server-client relationship in VWRAP very well and wants to be a go-to
technical resource for me in the case that this work does go forward, please
do contact me.

Depending on how things shake out, if we could have a document editor who's
not an author and just compiles feedback into drafts and is not an
especially technical person on their own, I might be willing to do that kind
of document management. This would mean that folks would have to submit very
specific line by line changes to the drafts and I would do only collating &
polishing for style, not technical polishing, and we would likely need a
technical editor to make sure the final drafts make full technical sense
too.

Katherine