Subject: [vwrap] Open sim

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:45:08 +0000

Is it not time to think of v worlds like opensim and work with for it has more to offer then a game like sl now has.
Even how the robus assets works can be used in better ways then it is.
Opensim has greater power to be used as a archive meta data base then sl has.
Its time to look at other platforms as what they have to offer.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

---

From: Dzonatas Sol <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:46:03 -0700

Can we stay on the subject of assets and assets services, asset sharing, 
object manufacturers, assets hosts, local inventory, and etc before the 
topic is taken back another 2 years. Thanks.

As for simulator side, there are many besides open sim, from simple and 
to far advanced, so that is not immediate discussion.Documentation is on 
call...

[email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> vwrap mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vwrap
>
>   

-- 
--- https://twitter.com/Dzonatas_Sol ---
Web Development, Software Engineering, Virtual Reality, Consultant

---

From: Meadhbh Hamrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:46:30 -0700

that's great, but someone has to:

a. start writing a new charter

and/or

b. start writing a few new drafts

there are better places to do pure research or to bless HyperGrid's
current protocol.

the existing charter of this group says we're going to produce
documents for service level interoperability. it then goes on to list
them.

if, as a group, we want to continue this course of action, then
someone needs to step up and take ownership of the documents in the
repository and modify them so they reflect group consensus.

if, as a group, we want to work on new documents. we need to say, as a
group, "we want to work on new documents" and list what those
documents will attempt to document and then maybe a list of documents.

--
meadhbh hamrick * it's pronounced "maeve"
@OhMeadhbh * http://meadhbh.org/ * [email-masked]

---

From: Meadhbh Hamrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:49:41 -0700

so.. Dzonatas is interested in service level interoperability.
Morgaine is interested in "virtual world interoperability."

is there consensus as to what this group wants to do? if so, we should
state what that consensus is.

while i appreciate the effort people are making to document things in
the wiki, the clock is ticking and we really should pick an objective
and start expending effort to move in that direction.

-cheers
-meadhbh

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Dzonatas Sol <[email-masked]> wrote:
> As for simulator side, there are many besides open sim, from simple and to
> far advanced, so that is not immediate discussion.Documentation is on
> call...
>
>> Is it not time to think of v worlds like opensim and work with for it has
>> more to offer then a game like sl now has.