Subject: [vwrap] IPv6 now mandatory, so next...

From: Dzonatas Sol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:14:24 -0700

Asset servers that feature IPv6 access I can almost bet will win this 
next bubble.

If they offer any kind of IPv6 tunnel, then I can further almost bet 
they will the next bubble as simulator proxies, ...

... and simulators as assets.

Keep in mind more structured based transports than TCP and HTTP, yet 
with the same methods. The address scheme is in for the radical change. 
Something like the "UUID:UUID" instead of  
"http://some.place.xxx/strict" or "UUID://UUID.com/UUID/sec" we can see 
on the horizon. We've been through the best cases, yet obviously can't 
expect everybody to implement them in the same structure. Of course, 
they'll need to prove it for themselves.

For now, I think we can use URN format for resources transistions:

 URN:UUID:AssetID,AssetID,AssetID,...

Where UUID is translated to the resources we now use, yet can be used as 
the protocol under IPv6. If this is still vague, think of the DNS 
implementation in LSL ran by one of the simulators. You'll get the idea 
if it matters.

Nice to have joined each one of us. Take care of id and it.

-- 
--- https://twitter.com/Dzonatas_Sol ---
Web Development, Software Engineering, Virtual Reality, Consultant