Subject: Re: subscribe [email-masked]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:29:56 -0400 (EDT)

******* Note from the listmaster: ([email-masked]) *******

You have been added to the subscriber list of:

    [email-masked]

with the following mail address:

    [email-masked]

This mailing list is now being governed by SmartLists.
All administrative requests should be sent to the request address:

    [email-masked]

Commands to the request address are processed automatically.
The desired command should be sent in the Subject of a mail message
to [email-masked]'.

******* About the W3C Mailing Lists *******

There are many mailing lists provided by the W3C for discussion
and development on the World Wide Web. A full list of them
is available at:

   http://www.w3.org/Mail/Lists.html

NOTE that this list is not the place for any of the following:

   How do I configure [insert-favorite-software-here]?
   I'm new to the web -- what is it?
   I tried to ask [insert-company-here] customer support, but
        [I didn't get any response / they told me to RTFM]
   What does RTFM mean?

Answers to the above are often found in the WWW FAQ maintained
by Thomas Boutell.  The FAQ is available from several sites.
Use the mirror closest to you: 

   Sunsite, eastern United States (North America):
       	http://sunsite.unc.edu/boutell/faq/
   Internex Online, Montreal, eastern Canada (North America):
        http://www.io.org/faq/www/index.html
   New Software Technologies Service, Austria (Europe):
        http://nswt.tuwien.ac.at:8000/htdocs/boutell/
   Glocom, Japan (Asia):
        http://www1.glocom.ac.jp/mirror/www.boutell.com/faq/index.htm

The FAQ also lists the names of all the USENET newsgroups that are
available regarding the WWW (most under the comp.infosystems.www.*
hierarchy).

******* Administrative Requests *******

The -request mail address should be used for all list administrative
requests.  It accepts the following commands (in the Subject of an
e-mail message):

    subscribe         -- Subscribe to the list.  If you want to subscribe
                         under a different address, use a Reply-To: address
                         header in the message.

    unsubscribe       -- Unsubscribe from the list.

    help              -- Get information about the mailing list.

    archive help      -- Get information about the list archive(s).

In the event of an address change, it would probably be wisest to first
send an unsubscribe for the old address (this can be done from the new
address), and then a new subscribe from the new address (the order is
important).

Most (un)subscription requests are processed automatically without human
intervention.  Do not send multiple (un)subscription or info requests in
one mail.  Only one will be processed per mail.

NOTE: The -request server usually does quite a good job in discriminating
      between (un)subscribe requests and messages intended for the
      maintainer.  If you'd like to make sure a human reads your message,
      make it look like a reply (i.e. the first word in the Subject: field
      should be "Re:", without the quotes of course); the -request server
      does not react to replies.

******* Archive Server *******

Every submission sent to this list is archived.  Archives of public
lists are available at URL:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/

If you want to access this archive by e-mail, you have to send mail
to the -request address with the word "archive" as the first word of
your Subject:.  To get you started, try sending a mail to the -request
address with the following:

    Subject: archive help

Rev. 18/Jul/97  -JK

=================================================================
 
Welcome to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Working Group on
World Wide Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WEBDAV).
 
The purpose of this working group is to develop the HTTP extensions
necessary to enable distributed web authoring tools to be broadly
interoperable, while supporting user needs.
 
If you are new to this working group, please examine the working group's
home page, and read the group's charter.
 
WEBDAV Working Group Home Page:
<http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ejw/authoring/>
 
WEBDAV Charter:
<http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ejw/authoring/charter.html>
 
If you are new to the IETF <http://www.ietf.org/>, please also read
"Overview of the IETF," available at:
<http://www.ietf.org/overview.html>
 
Mailing list archives are available at:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/>
 
This mailing list is graciously provided by the World Wide Web Consortium
<http://www.w3.org/>.
 
For your reference, your original subscription request is included below.

> From [email-masked] 
> From: request ([email-masked])
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: subscribe [email-masked]
> Comments: Action requested by [email-masked]