Subject: Proposed Extensions for WebDAV Properties

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:15:26 -0700

Well, looking back through the WebDAV mailing list archives, it doesn't look
like the Internet Draft, "Proposed Extensions for WebDAV Properties",
<draft-ietf-webdav-properties-extension-00>, was ever announced to the
mailing list.

For the record, the I-D is written by Jim Amsden, and describes three minor
extensions to the current properties protocol: 1) allow PROPPATCH to create
and initialize the properties of a resource that did not exist, 2)
distinguish between adding a new property, and setting the value of an
existing property of a resource, and 3) give client applications more
control in specifying how PROPPATCH errors should be handled.

The document is available at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/props/draft-ietf-webdav-properties-ex
tension-00.txt

It's also available via the WebDAV WG home page, at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/

I look forward to your comments on this proposal.

- Jim