Subject: Re: Interoperability event?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:32:50 -0400

I think an interoperability test suite would be more useful over a longer period
of time, and would accomplish a lot of the same goals. If we had a client/server
test framework, it would be possible for companies to submit tests to the suite.
Then other interested parties could run the tests against their products. In
addition, a test suite is the best way of determining if the protocol is
complete, consistent, implementable, and in some sense, useful. IBM is thinking
about creating the basis of such a suite, and would like to make it open-source
so others could contribute. Again, webdav.org would be the logical place to host
and deploy it.

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:56:21 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> IBM is thinking
> so others could contribute.

I would hope so--otherwise nobody can tell for certain whether a bug is in their
code or in the test suite, so they'll just blame the suite.  :-)

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |Stock up and save! Limit one.                |
[email-masked]|                                             |
\==============================================================/