Subject: Re: Bindings, Locks, and MOVE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 13:32:07 -0400

* was used to be consistent with the current DAV:keepalive element used by COPY
and MOVE.

John Stracke <[email-masked]> on 09/03/99 10:59:36 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  Re: Bindings, Locks, and MOVE

[email-masked] wrote:

> Proposed extensions to PROPPATCH:
>
> 1. Extend the DAV:set and DAV:remove elements to include information
describing
> how the client wishes to handle errors. The DTD additions would be:

I like this idea; I just have a syntactic quibble:

> <!ELEMENT mustsucceed (#PCDATA | href+)>
>
> If an updatebehavior is not included, it is equivalent to specifying
> <mustsucceed>*</mustsucceed>

It might be better if, rather than using "*", you defined an <all/> element
meaning
the same thing.  For now, "*" is simple enough; but, if we add more wildcards
eventually, then it gets messier; we'd have to add more possible values, which
starts getting into defining a separate syntax, with a separate parser.  Simpler
to
use XML tags and let the existing parser handle it.

--
/============================================================\
|John Stracke    |http://www.ecal.com|My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |===========================================|
|eCal Corp.      |Campbell's has it wrong--it's "Never       |
[email-masked]|underestimate the power of *chocolate*".   |
\============================================================/

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 13:54:02 -0400

> * was used to be consistent with the current DAV:keepalive element used by COPY

Ah--I'd forgotten about that.  OK, never mind, then; better to be consistent.

|eCal Corp.      |Earth: love it or leave it.                |
[email-masked]|                                           |