Subject: Re: Trailing "/" in BIND Requests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:14:55 -0400

Geoff,

I think Yaron's point is that he believes / should be able to refer to any
resource.  Right now it's stuck with whatever it started with.  Or at least it
appears that it stuck.

I think his words were a bit harsh and that we can address his concerns.  It
just needs more thought.  Unless someone has a quick answer, I think this should
go on our issue list.

Judy... you've got the issue list, right? :-)

------------------------------------------
Phone: 914-784-7569,   [email-masked]

---

From: "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:18:48 -0400

From: [email-masked]

   <jc/> I think Yaron's point is that he believes / should be able to refer to
   any resource.  Right now it's stuck with whatever it started with.  Or
   at least it appears that it stuck.

<gmc/> Fair enough.  We could certainly overload "BIND" and/or "MOVE"
to make a BIND/MOVE to "/" be a special case that doesn't affect bindings,
but rather modifies the current mapping of "/".

Cheers,
Geoff