Subject: DASL on Sharemation

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:18:57 -0700

I'd like to congratulate Kevin and Xythos for having (to the best of my
knowledge) the first implementation of the SEARCH method and the
DAV:basicsearch search syntax in the DASL searching protocol,
<draft-dasl-protocol-00>. Yeah!

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Kevin Wiggen
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 11:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: DASL on Sharemation

Xythos Software Inc., is proud to announce that the Xythos Storage Server
(and thus Sharemation at www.sharemation.com) is now a DASL server.

We are proud to enter into a BETA test phase with you the other members of
the DASL community.

Some of the specifics of our server.

1)  All valid directories and files can act as a DASL search arbiter.  Thus
I can send a "SEARCH" request at any directory or file
(http://www.sharemation.com/~kwiggen for instance).

2)  As of right now, the URI that the request is sent in on is ignored, and
the SCOPE inside the FROM clause is used as a fully qualified path.

3)  Sharemation security will run as part of the query.  This means that you
either need to be sending our security cookies, basic authentication header,
or running against "PUBLIC" files and directories.  I suggest making files
and folders "PUBLIC" for your testing purposes.

4)  QSD is not operational as of yet, but it is at the bottom of this note.

Any questions, comments, bugs, enhancements, please send to me
[email-masked].

I look forward to hearing from others in the DASL community and working on
integration.
Kevin Wiggen
Xythos Software Inc.

<d:basicsearchschema xmlns:d="DAV:"
xmlns:t="urn:uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882">
   <d:properties>
      <d:propdesc>
         <d:prop><d:getcontentlength/></d:prop>
         <d:datatype><t:int/></d:datatype>
         <d:searchable/><d:selectable/><d:sortable/>
      </d:propdesc>
      <d:propdesc>
         <d:prop><d:getcontenttype/><d:displayname/><ALL DEAD
PROPERTIES></d:prop>
         <d:datatype><t:string/></d:datatype>
         <d:searchable/><d:selectable/><d:sortable/>
      </d:propdesc>
      <d:propdesc>
         <d:prop><d:creationdate/></d:prop>
         <d:datatype><t:dateTime.iso8601tz/></d:datatype>
         <d:searchable/><d:selectable/><d:sortable/>
      </d:propdesc>
      <d:propdesc>
         <d:prop><d:getlastmodified/></d:prop>
         <d:datatype><HTTP-DATE/></d:datatype>   <!--  See my note in
another post -->
         <d:searchable/><d:selectable/><d:sortable/>
      </d:propdesc>
      <d:propdesc>
         <d:prop><d:resourcetype/></d:prop>   <!-- Will do <d:eq> looking
for <d:collection>  -->
         <d:datatype><XML></d:datatype>
         <d:searchable/><d:selectable/><d:sortable/>
      </d:propdesc>
      <d:propdesc>
         <d:prop><d:iscollection/></d:prop>
         <d:datatype><t:boolean/></d:datatype>
         <d:searchable/>
       </d:propdesc>
   </d:properties>
   <d:operators>
       <d:opdesc>
          <d:isdefined/><d:operand_property/>
       </d:opdesc>
       <d:opdesc>
          <d:like/><d:operand_property/><d:operand_literal/>
       </d:opdesc>
       <d:opdesc>
          <d:contains/><d:operand_literal/>
       </d:opdesc>
    </d:operators>
</d:basicsearchschema>