Subject: RE: WebDAV DTD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:12:50 -0400

Seems OK to me.

[email-masked] (Tim Ellison OTT) on 10/12/99 11:16:00 AM

To:   [email-masked] (w3c-dist-auth)
cc:

Subject:  RE: WebDAV DTD

Is there any support within the group for this change to the DTD?

Without it I fail to see how clients can receive large properties without
inhaling the entire contents.

Tim

 -----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ellison OTT [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 12:48 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth
Subject: [Moderator Action] WebDAV DTD

One rule in the DTD states:
    <!ELEMENT propstat (prop, status, responsedescription?) >

I suggest that this is modified to read
    <!ELEMENT propstat (status, responsedescription?, prop) >

so that streaming clients can retrieve the status of a property before they
retireve the property itself , and thereby know whether the data is valid or
not.  In the current rule, such a client is required to read the prop data
in its entirety, possibly to discover that the data is invalid only after
the fact.

Comments?