Subject: RE: refresh LOCK for multiple locks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:57:00 -0500

>   > On a slightly different topic: why is a refresh done using locktokens
>   > gathered from the If: header, rather than the more obvious
Lock-Token:
>   > header?
>
>   I can't recall our original rationale.  We might have been thinking
that,
>   since the lock had to exist for the request to be honored, this
> effectively
>   made the locks existence a precondition, and preconditions are
expressed
>   using the If header.
>
> So do we need to define server behavior if more than one lock is
specified
> in the If header?

> fyi: mod_dav refreshes all of them.

Interesting.  And what type of body do you use for success?  Do you only
support
it if the locks are on the same resource?

And how do you respond if some of the refreshes failed?

---

From: Greg Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:35:56 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 [email-masked] wrote:
>...

We return a DAV:lockdiscovery element (as defined) which contains multiple
DAV:activelock elements (as defined).

We refresh any locks that are extent on that resource and that we find in
the If: header. In other words, we'll refresh direct locks and those
inherited from Depth:infinity locks further up in the namespace.

On error, we return a single status code (not a multistatus). That's
because a refresh is not being applied to multiple resources -- just
multiple locks on *one* resource.

Cheers,
-g

-- 
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/