Subject: Re: refresh LOCK for multiple locks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:24:20 -0500

Anyone that has a locking server or locking client (or knows of one)
that
   would be significantly affected by this alteration or by any other
   locking changes, please send me a note or post it to this list.    I'll
add
   you to the locking mailing list.

   I just like to make sure I have a complete list of servers/clients (with
   email addresses) that are resistant to changes to locking due to
   2518 compatibility issues and client base.

Just in reply to my note above and something Kevin said subsequently about
compatibility with clients.

The transition path could be...

Clients use both IF and token header for a while until servers have
drifted to the new convention.  After that, just token headers are
used.

Servers accept token header.  If not there, they use the if header.
Eventually the servers would just accept token headers.

Noone would need to break.  But I'd like to know if there is even a need
for a
transition strategy.