Subject: Re: Jigsaw release

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:07:57 -0500

Its not the DAV format, but DAV could store the whole frame as a Jigsaw
property. Wouldn't work that well for DASL though.

David Sussman <[email-masked]> on 11/01/99 11:09:08 AM

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:  Jigsaw release

I've just seen the details for the new release of the W3C server -
Jigsaw and spotted the details of the XML format and the administration
protocol (http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/JigXML.html). Is it
just me or is this not in DAV format? Does this seem a bit strange?

I'm generally just a snooper in the mailing list, but this confused me.

Dave

---

From: Yves Lafon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:31:40 +0100 (MET)

> I'm generally just a snooper in the mailing list, but this confused me.

Jigsaw is not using DAV but a format that is more suited to a fast
serialization/deserialization scheme. The fact that the admin protocol is
using the same language is just legacy from the previous version and
actually we are thinking about using it for the admin protocols. The 2.1
track is meant to change with the possibility to do incompatible changes
like upgrading the admin protocol ;)

      /\          - Yves Lafon - World Wide Web Consortium - 
  /\ /  \        Architecture Domain - Jigsaw Activity Leader
 /  \    \/\    
/    \   /  \   http://www.w3.org/People/Lafon - [email-masked]