Subject: FW: ANN: Beta test of CyberTeams WebDAV module and new Test Server

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:01:59 -0800

While this announcement made it out to the DeltaV and DAV-Announce lists, it
unfortunately ws caught by the spam filter going to the DAV list...

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Severy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 10:49 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] ANN: Beta test of CyberTeams WebDAV module
and new Test Server

Hello everyone!

     For almost a year now, CyberTeams has provided a WebDAV test server to
the WebDAV community based on our WebSite Director Lite (WSDLite) web
content management product.  We are pleased to announce the availability of
a new WebDAV test server that includes WebDAV access to our premier
product, WebSite Director (WSD).  In addition to the file management
capabilities available in WSDLite, WebSite Director includes extensive
workflow capabilities, approvals management, and version control.  In a
recent PC Week Shoot-Out review, WebSite Director was rated the best
workflow product for web content management.  By supporting the WebDAV
protocol in WebSite Director, even the largest web maintenance teams can
now take advantage of the seamless interface between WebDAV clients and
WebSite Director.

     In addition to using our new test server, you can now try out our
WebDAV-enabled products on your own web server by participating in the Beta
Test of the CyberTeams WebDAV module.  WebDAV support for the CyberTeams
product line is currently available through a custom Apache add-on module
that interfaces directly with our WSD and WSDLite products.  Like the rest
of the CyberTeams product line, the WebDAV module is available for the
BSDI, FreeBSD, HP-UX, Linux, SGI, Solaris, SunOS, and Windows NT
environments.

     To access our new WebDAV test server you will need a login username
and password.  You can request a login username and password using a
request form available on our WebDAV test site page at:

                       http://www.cyberteams.com/webdav

     Click on the "Request Demo Access" link on that page and fill in the
form to request a username and password.  We will activate the username and
password you supply and send you a confirmation of access by return e-mail.
 Since the old WebDAV test server is no longer in operation, you will need
to request a new username even if you have a username on the old server.

     To participate in the Beta Test of the WebDAV-enabled CyberTeams
products on your own web server you will need to download the CyberTeams
WebDAV add-on module as well as either WebSite Director or WebSite Director
Lite.  For details on the beta test, click on the "Request Download Access"
link on the WebDAV test site page at:

                       http://www.cyberteams.com/webdav

     In addition to access through the WebDAV protocol, all of the
functionality of WebSite Director and WSDLite is available from any web
browser, using the products as server-based CGI applications.  Some of the
workflow features of WebSite Director are not available through the WebDAV
protocol, so you will need to log in to the product through a web browser
to perform some operations.  Both WSD and WSDLite can also be used to
verify the results of WebDAV methods by using them to explore the contents
of the web server filesystem after a series of WebDAV operations.  If you
are using our WebDAV test server, you can use the same username and
password used for WebDAV access to access WSD or WSDLite by following the
appropriate link on the WebDAV test site page at
http://www.cyberteams.com/webdav .

     The latest version of the CyberTeams WebDAV add-on module includes
full support for Microsoft's Web Folders capability, which is included in
Office 2000 and Internet Explorer 5.0.  Using Web Folders, new web content
or content updates can be submitted directly into WebSite Director's
workflow process using a simple drag and drop operation.  Similar access to
WSD and WSDLite should be possible from any WebDAV client, but we have only
tested successful operation with Web Folders.

     We would like to hear any results of any testing you do with our
WebDAV test server or our WebDAV add-on module installed on your own web
server.  Please send any testing feedback, problem reports, or suggestions
to "[email-masked]".  If you would like more information about
CyberTeams or our products, visit our web site at http://www.cyberteams.com
or send e-mail to "[email-masked]".

Regards,

Randall Severy
President and CEO, CyberTeams, Inc.

Randall Severy    [email-masked]    http://www.cyberteams.com/severy
CyberTeams, Inc.    [email-masked]    http://www.cyberteams.com
Mt. Airy, MD
(301) 829-6144          "Building effective teams in cyberspace"
1-888-832-5575