Subject: FW: Learning WebDAV

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 12:57:07 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaime Cerda Garza [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 4:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] Learning WebDAV

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me where could I learn WebDAV from
the beggining.  I working on an important project to use a WebDAV repository
in connection with a customized interface.  But I can't see anywhere some
explanations about the examples given in all the documentation in the
internet, and also I haven't found a book that talks about this protocol.
Can anyone please help?

Jaime Cerda
[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:10:04 -0800

Hi Jaime,

First, sorry for the slow response.  The WebDAV WG mailing list has a spam
filtering feature turned on that thinks that any email not sent by a
subscriber to the mailing list is spam.  As list administrator, it's then up
to me to forward any legitimate messages accidentally caught by the spam
filter along to the mailing list.  Since I was busy at the IETF meeting in
Washington, DC last week, I wasn't able to forward your email as quickly as
I would have liked.

As for your question, there are currently no tutorials or books that cover
the entire WebDAV protocol.  There are some articles available on the
WebDAV.org web site <http://www.webdav.org/>, in the papers section
<http://www.webdav.org/papers> that provide good background on the protocol.

Some of your questions might also be answered by the WebDAV list of
frequently asked questions (FAQ), available at:

http://www.webdav.org/other/faq.html

The dav-dev mailing list, for WebDAV developers, is another good source of
information on WebDAV:

http://dav.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/dav-dev

- Jim