Subject: RE: interoperability testing with Xythos/Sharemation server

From: Kevin Wiggen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:51:44 -0800

Ahh I think this is one for the list..

The problem is not that you sent in two different tokens in the If Header
(In fact Xythos does handle multiple ones), the problem is that you mixed
No-tag-list w/ Tagged-list, which I believe is not legal.  Any other
thoughts???

The definition for If Header is

If = "If" ":" (1*No-tag-list | 1*Tagged-list)

In my mind (and I can be wrong here) this means 1 to many No-tag-lists OR 1
to many tagged lists.  Thus what you sent is incorrect.  Maybe I should give
a better error.

You seem to have

If = "If" ":" (1*(No-tag-list | Tagged-list))

which I can do, but is not how Xythos read the spec.

Thoughts???

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Davis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 1999 1:01 AM
To: Kevin Wiggen
Subject: RE: interoperability testing with Xythos/Sharemation server

Wowie.  Great.  One last bug

If a resource is locked and the parent is also locked (with a different
lock) then must pass both to delete it: PASS
Can delete using both tokens: FAIL
DELETE /~jrd/foox.html
If: </~jrd/>(<locktoken:www.sharemation.comLockServeridu:1045>)
(<locktoken:www.sharemation.comLockServeridu:1044>)
None

In other words, even if I pass both tokens, I still can't delete. (looks
like in this case I am passing the token for the collection using
tagged-list production and the token for the resource itself using
no-tagged list)

ps I have not tested authentication in any way with Xythos.

pps I hope to test your DASL compliance real soon now.

ppps great work.  the xythos server is very impressive.

---

From: Greg Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:34:27 -0800 (PST)

I agree that mixing the request types is incorrect. mod_dav catches the
(improper) mixing of the two list types and will return a 400 (Bad
Request). [I'm not sure how verbose the response body is, though]

In this case, though, the request *is* well-formed. A tagged-list can have
multiple lists. In other words, the second list is *also* tagged with the
"/~jrd/" URI. Since the second lock token is on /~jrd/foox.html rather
than /~jrd/, the request *should* fail.

On a separate note: the "locktoken:" URI scheme isn't registered with the
IANA, is it? Shouldn't the Xythos server use a registered scheme?

Cheers,
-g

-- 
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/