Subject: Jigsaw release

From: David Sussman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:09:08 -0000

I've just seen the details for the new release of the W3C server -
Jigsaw and spotted the details of the XML format and the administration
protocol (http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/JigXML.html). Is it
just me or is this not in DAV format? Does this seem a bit strange?

I'm generally just a snooper in the mailing list, but this confused me.

Dave

---

From: David Sussman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:24:12 -0000

Ahh, I see. I assumed there was some reason for it, and performance is a
good enough one! My first thoughts were that it seemed odd that you were
implementing something similar, and maybe duplicating effort.

Thanks

Dave

Yves Lafon <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:<6553BCF3E25DD2118F0A00AA00AE6AAA178F10@tigger>...
> Jigsaw is not using DAV but a format that is more suited to a fast
> serialization/deserialization scheme. The fact that the admin protocol
> is
> using the same language is just legacy from the previous version and
> actually we are thinking about using it for the admin protocols. The
2.1
> track is meant to change with the possibility to do incompatible
changes
> like upgrading the admin protocol ;)
> 
>       /\          - Yves Lafon - World Wide Web Consortium - 
>   /\ /  \        Architecture Domain - Jigsaw Activity Leader
>  /  \    \/\    
> /    \   /  \   http://www.w3.org/People/Lafon - [email-masked]    
>