Subject: Announce

From: [email-masked] (Christian Scholz)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:26:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi everybody!

I wanted to announce the first release of my python davserver.
This work is part of my thesis which will be a webdav enabled
groupware when it is finished.

What is it?

python davserver is a bundle of python classes which form a
davserver framework. It is divided in the main davserver class
which runs as a daemon and an interface class which has the
purpose of getting the actual data to serve. 
Thus one only has to write this interface class in order to
extend one's application with a davserver.
In the distribution there is one example of interfacing a normal
filesystem.

What's the status?

The version is 0.1 which means that it is right at the beginning.
But it's working locally for me with cadaver (a command line
dav client for unix). It's not working with Web Folders right
now but I decided to release it anyway to get it started.
(Any maybe someone else has an idea why it is now working with
web folder which only says "error", which does not help a lot ;-).

Ok, look at it at http://webdav.de or download it directly at
ftp://comlounge.net/webdav/davserver-0.1.tar.gz

You will need Python 1.5 to run it (along with the xml parsers). 
So far it's only tested with Linux (SuSE 6.3, Kernel 2.2) but should 
run on other platforms also.

best,
  Christian