Subject: Re: WG Last Call: Bindings Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:05:21 -0500

* some comment to the effect that if the URL is a versioned resource, and
  the currently selected revision is changed, the resourceid will not
change.
  (I'm assuming that is what you want.)  So even though two people might
see
  different data from a GET request from the same URL (because they would
get
  a different revision selected), they would still have the same
resourceid.
  Therefore, people should NOT use resourceid to invalidate caches or any
  other application that assumes a one to one correspondence between
  resourceid and data.

I agree with this one.   I suspect the versioning document is the best
place
to put that though.  Hopefully a versioning person will put this on their
todo
list.