Subject: Creating a lock-null in a locked collection

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:45:10 +0000

I have an depth 0 write lock on /foo/. If I do LOCK /foo/bar to create a
lock-null resource, do I need to submit the locktoken for /foo/ in the
LOCK request? Or only in the PUT to /foo/bar later?

(Or is it decided that lock-null resources are going to go away?)

joe

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:18:21 -0500

You will need to include the lock token for /foo/ as you are adding a
member to this collection even though its a lock-null resource. If you do a
PROPFIND with depth:0 on /foo/, you'll see the lock-null resource even
before you do the initial PUT proving the collection's members, and
therefore it state, were modified.

Joe Orton <[email-masked]>@w3.org on 12/30/99 09:45:10 AM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  Creating a lock-null in a locked collection

joe