Subject: Online Interop. Event Oct. 9-11

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:06:08 -0700

What: Online WebDAV Interoperability Event
When: October 9-11, 2001
      9-12am PDT, 12-3pm EDT, 4-7pm GMT, 6-9pm CET
      (Times when at least one person per implementation will be available
      to be contacted).
Who:  Anyone with a WebDAV implementation they wish to test

As a follow-up to the very successful face-to-face interoperability testing
event held in July at UC Santa Cruz, there will be an online WebDAV
Interoperability Testing Event on October 9-11, 2001.  All WebDAV
implementations are welcome to participate, open source or commercial. You
are welcome to participate even if you did not take part in the July event.

Once we get closer to the event, I'll send out a message asking for
information (contact names, phone numbers, email addresses, Web sites,
implementations, IP addresses, etc.) from people planning on participating.
I'll also be sending out my recommendations on features to focus upon.

Right now, the most important thing is to ensure that on the days of the
online interop. event you can communicate with other implementations. So, if
you're a client implementor, you should ensure that you can get out through
your corporate firewall (perhaps you need to add some proxy support to your
code?)  If you're a server implementor, you should ensure that either your
server is available through your firewall, or the server is available on the
open Internet. Since these issues can sometimes take awhile to resolve, I
recommend doing some pathfinding in the next week to identify issues.

In addition, while only three hours a day have been set aside as guaranteed
times when someone can be contacted, ideally each server implementation will
be available 24hrs/day for the days of the interop. event, to minimize the
effect of the span of timezones. For example, this will allow Patrick
Collins (PerlDAV) to participate from Australia.

- Jim