Subject: RE: RFC2518 issue with lockdiscovery/activelock/owner

From: "Clemm, Geoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:59:45 -0400

How do you define "the actual owner of a lock" in an interoperable way?
What would a client do with that information?

Cheers,
Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Reschke [mailto:[email-masked]]

I would be interested to work on this definition. I think it's essential
that a server can provide enough information to a client to discover the
actual owner of a lock, no matter whether and what *his* client has
submitted as DAV:owner. First tests show that extending DAV:activelock with
new child elements didn't have any negative impact of MS Office and Adobe
GoLive.

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:08:13 +0200

a) The principal that requested the LOCK (if known).
b) It might provide a user with contact information.

> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Clemm, Geoff
> Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 3:00 PM
> To: Webdav WG
> Subject: RE: RFC2518 issue with lockdiscovery/activelock/owner
> 
>