Subject: FW: [Moderator Action] WEBDAV

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:30:31 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Willcott, Yvonne WILLCOTY
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 8:32 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Moderator Action] WEBDAV

We are attempting to eliminate an ftp server and want to use webdav.  One of
the problems I seem to be running into is that three of the sources who
provide us data via ftp are on mainframes.  They are 'graciously' providing
this data by a batch runstream that produces a file and immediately ftps it
with no human intervention.  As I see it with WebDAV, they would have to put
the file to their pc/server then use WebDav to transfer it.  Am I correct or
do you know of a way with webdav that this could be done without causing
them extra time since this data they are sending is a 'courtesy'?

Thanks for your time,

Yvonne Willcott
Computer Specialist
DOIM Computer Operations
(913) 684-7092, DSN 552-7092
[email-masked]