Subject: Links to latest bis working docs

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:07:05 -0700

I promised yesterday I'd put up links to the most recent
work-in-progress.

http://www.sharemation.com/~milele/public/dav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518b
is.doc 

http://www.sharemation.com/~milele/public/dav/RFC2518%20Changes.doc

Sometime after the Interop, I'll be doing the real formatted draft thing
of course.

Lisa

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:36:58 +0200

Just two comments on:

1.1       Source property
The Source property has not had interoperability demonstrated, but messages
to the list support keeping some way of retrieving the source of
dynamically-generated Web pages.  An interoperable solution exists (the
Microsoft Translate header) but has received rejection on the list due to
its lack of support for dynamically-generated resources with multiple source
files.

- the Translate header violates RFC2616 which explicitly says that variant
handling is *not* supposed to switch between "getting the source" and
"executing a script"

- the actual implementation in IIS breaks RFC2616 in that it doesn't list
"Translate" as request header on which the GET result varies.

Regards, Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Lisa Dusseault
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 5:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Links to latest bis working docs

I promised yesterday I'd put up links to the most recent work-in-progress.
http://www.sharemation.com/~milele/public/dav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis.d
oc
http://www.sharemation.com/~milele/public/dav/RFC2518%20Changes.doc
Sometime after the Interop, I'll be doing the real formatted draft thing of
course.
Lisa