Subject: WebDAV Meeting in Atlanta

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:34:10 -0700

Location information is out for the 55th IETF in Atlanta
(http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-55.html)

I plan to ask the IETF for a meeting slot for WebDAV in Atlanta.  If you
can attend, I encourage you to do so (and let me know if there are any
particular conflicts to avoid). The WG meeting in Santa Cruz was very
productive -- discussions improved understanding on many issues that had
languished on the list.

In addition to the WebDAV WG meeting, there are usually other WG
meetings of interest to Web/WebDAV people. E.g based on the last couple
IETFs, one might expect to see meetings in Atlanta including:
 - Open Pluggable Edge [Web] Services WG, 
 - The Jabber BOF in Yokohama was quite interesting as Jabber is a
XML-based protocol that some see as a general-purpose quick messaging
protocol, not just for instant messaging
 - Simple Network and Alarm Protocol: was discussed at Lemonade (Unified
or Enhanced Messaging) BOF
 - Cross Registry Information Service Protocol (was BOF)
 - Geographic Information Privacy considerations WG
 - XML Configuration BOF (Ops area)
 - Audio/Video Transport WG (Transport area)

Lisa