Subject: Re: Litmus test questions

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:50:48 +0100

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 09:52:01AM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> ...
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><propertyupdate  
>> xmlns='DAV:'><set><prop><t:valnspace  
>> xmlns:t='http://webdav.org/neon/litmus/'><foo  
>> xmlns='bar'/></t:valnspace></prop></set></propertyupdate>
>>
>> The 'bar' namespace is an invalid one, and expat is quickly to respond  
>> with: xmlns: URI bar is not absolute, so I respond with a 400 Bad 
>> Request..

Hi folks.  I don't think there's a reason why 'bar' is used in that test 
in favour of a real URI.  I'll update the test to use a real URI there 
instead.

Regards, Joe

---

From: Evert | Rooftop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:40:41 -0400

I actually handled it here by catching and ignoring that single expact  
error, thinking it was the right thing to do =)

I'm somewhat happy to hear this is going to be fixed, because it felt  
wrong (even though I'd trust litmus before not-fatal expat errors).

I just thought some clients 'might' send this over, which is why this  
test was written as such. Hearing this is not the case, I'll get rid  
of the workaround right now :)

Evert

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:52:47 +0200

> error, thinking it was the right thing to do =)

I think there's a also a compile-time option for expat not to validate 
namespace names.

> test was written as such. Hearing this is not the case, I'll get rid of 
> the workaround right now :)

I wouldn't count on clients not doing this. Assigning namespace names is 
  something many people sadly get wrong, and so far, I haven't seen a 
system that checks for that (part of the blame for that goes to the 
XMLNS spec).

BR, Julian