Subject: Snooze You Lose! The WEIRD Guide to IETF BOFs is done

From: Burke Chris-CCB007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 02:54:34 -0600

Well, a complete first draft, anyway. Let me know what you think, how to
make the content more usable. I still want to get this up on the web site
before Adelaide. Thanks! Chris Burke

> 	http://home.earthlink.net/~serotonin/BOFs47.htm

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:16:24 +0100

Hi Chris,

> make the content more usable. I still want to get this up on the web site

looks fine to me! Three remarks: 

o In the first paragraph you say ``discuss creation of new IETF working
  groups''. This is correct, but may mislead raeders to think that every
  BOF leads to a WG, which is not the case. How about something like
  ``evaluate interest in a certain topic which may lead to the creation of
  a new IETF WG''?

o The second paragraph contains `` ... posted to the IETF New Work mailing
  list ...''. Instead of linking in a mailto:-URL I'd suggest pointing to a
  descriptive page for that mailing list. I must admit, I've seen it in
  the address field of BOF announcements, but what exactly is its purpose?

o Also for BOFs a plea to people to prepare in advance and read the documents
  might be appropriate in the explanation section.

-Peter

---

From: Bernie Monette <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:36:47 +0000

Chris:
The page looks fine. The only thing is that the page is very long. So I
would put a table of contents on the left side with links to each BOF.
Maybe the WEIRD icons as well, branding etc., to incorporate it into the
entire site. I can do this if you like.

Bernie

-- 
Bernie Monette
InterActive Arts
Internet Presence Management
http://www.iaai.ca mailto:[email-masked] (416) 469-4337
We have been chosen as one of Canada's 'Top 50' Web development firms.
Go to http://www.iaai.ca/iaai_branham.html for details.