Subject: Adelaide WEIRD WG Summary

From: Burke Chris-CCB007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:23:51 -0500

These are not the official minutes, but rather a summary of discussion for
the Area Directors. Chris
---
> The WEIRD WG discussed five documents (web page prototypes [Jones]
> [Monette], multicast paper [Bosovich], wireless  paper [Burke], BOF Guide
> [Burke]) and recommended changes / improvements. Several new participants
> volunteered to help develop content for the public web site. The BOF Guide
> attracted a lot of interest, and a sub-team formed to develop and publish
> a BOF Guide for the Pittsburgh meeting. It was also recommended that the
> sub-team follow-up with digests of the BOF minutes and presentations, in
> addition to the pre-BOF information published for Adelaide. We discussed
> progress against the working group charter and agreed on four action items
> to complete between now and Pittsburgh: get the rest of the "Hot Topics"
> papers written; launch the BOF guide sub-team activity and prepare the
> Pittsburgh BOF Guide; assign root site and webmaster for the public web
> pages; bring the web site on-line with BOF Guide and Hot Topic content
> before Pittsburgh. The chairman reminded participants of the original
> WEIRD WG charter, which calls for progress assessment and a decision to
> re-charter / disband WEIRD in the Pittsburgh timeframe; discussion of the
> issue will be opened on the mailing list this week.