Subject: Re: Adelaide WEIRD WG Summary

From: Bruce Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:34:59 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Burke Chris-CCB007 wrote:

Chris.> These are not the official minutes, but rather a summary of discussion for
Chris.> the Area Directors. Chris
Chris.> ---
Chris.> > The WEIRD WG discussed five documents (web page prototypes [Jones]
Chris.> > [Monette], multicast paper [Bosovich], wireless  paper [Burke], BOF Guide
Chris.> > [Burke]) and recommended changes / improvements. Several new participants
Chris.> > volunteered to help develop content for the public web site. The BOF Guide
Chris.> > attracted a lot of interest, and a sub-team formed to develop and publish
Chris.> > a BOF Guide for the Pittsburgh meeting. It was also recommended that the
Chris.> > sub-team follow-up with digests of the BOF minutes and presentations, in
Chris.> > addition to the pre-BOF information published for Adelaide. We discussed
Chris.> > progress against the working group charter and agreed on four action items
Chris.> > to complete between now and Pittsburgh: get the rest of the "Hot Topics"
Chris.> > papers written; launch the BOF guide sub-team activity and prepare the
Chris.> > Pittsburgh BOF Guide; assign root site and webmaster for the public web
Chris.> > pages; bring the web site on-line with BOF Guide and Hot Topic content
Chris.> > before Pittsburgh. The chairman reminded participants of the original
Chris.> > WEIRD WG charter, which calls for progress assessment and a decision to
Chris.> > re-charter / disband WEIRD in the Pittsburgh timeframe; discussion of the
Chris.> > issue will be opened on the mailing list this week.

Right.  Whose got what?

--==--
Bruce.

This is your wakeup and reminder notice.  There are 2 months left.