Subject: Mammoth Complete

From: SHIRLEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 09:39:37 +0000

Make up to $ 4516 per montth working part-time on your pc at home ... Check newspaper http://mdnowsome.pl.ua

regain their footing, fell with their riders into the water. Rodomont,
who knew the soundings of the stream, soon recovered the land; but
Florismart was carried downward by the current, and landed at last on a
bank of mud where his horse could hardly find footing. Flordelis, who
watched the battle from the bridge, seeing her lover in this piteous
case, exclaimed aloud, "Ah! Rodomont, for love of her whom dead you
honor, have pity on me, who love this knight, and slay him not. Let it
suffice he yields his armor to the pile, and none more glorious will it
bear than his." Her prayer, so well directed, touched the pagan's
heart, though hard to move, and he lent his aid to help the knight to
land. He kept him a prisoner, however, and added his armor to the pile.
Flordelis, with a heavy heart, went her way.

We must now return to Rogero, who, when we parted with him, was engaged
in an adventure which arrested his progress to the monastery whither hewas bound with the intention of receiving baptism, and thus qualifying
himself to demand Bradamante as his bride. On his way he met with
Mandricardo, and the quarrel was revived respecting the right to wear
the badge of Hector. After a warm discussion both parties agreed to
submit the question to King Agramant, and for that purpose took their
way to the Saracen camp. Here they met Gradasso, who had his
controversy also with Mandricardo. This warrior claimed the sword of
Orlando, denying the right of Mandricardo to possess it in virtue of
his having found it abandoned by its owner. King Agramant strove in
vain to reconcile these quarrels, and was forced at last to consent
that the points in dispute should be settled by one combat, in which
Mandricardo should meet one of the other champions, to whom should be
committed the cause of both. Rogero was chosen by lot to maintain
Gradasso's cause and his own. Great preparations were made for this
signal contest. On the appointed day it was fought in the presence ofAgramant, and of the whole army. Rogero won it; and Mandricardo, the
conqueror of Hector's arms, the challenger of Orlando, and the slayer
of Zerbino, lost his life. Gradasso received Durindana as his prize,
which lost half its value in his eyes, since it was won by another's
prowess, not his own.

Rogero, though victorious, was severely wounded, and lay helpless many
weeks in the camp of Agramant, while Bradamante, ignorant of the cause
of his delay, expected him at Montalban. Thither he had promised to
repair in fifteen days, or twenty at furthest, hoping to have obtained
by that time an honorable discharge from his obligations to the Saracen
commander. The twenty days were passed, and a month more, and still
Rogero came not, nor did any tidings reach Bradamante accounting for
his absence. At the end of that time, a wandering knight brought news
of the famous combat, and of Rogero's wound. He added, what alarmedthat bridge; it was not made for such as you!" Orlando took no notice,
but pressed on. Just then a gentle damsel rode up. It was Flordelis,
who was seeking her Florismart. She saw Orlando, and, in spite of his
strange appearance, recognized him. Rodomont, not used to have his
commands disobeyed, laid hands on the madman, and would have thrown him
into the river, but to his astonishment found himself in the gripe of
one not so easily disposed of. "How can a fool have such strength?" he
growled between his teeth. Flordelis stopped to see the issue, where
each of these two puissant warriors strove to throw the other from the
bridge. Orlando at last had strength enough to lift his foe with all
his armor, and fling him over the side, but had not wit to clear
himself from him, so both fell together. High flashed the wave as they
together smote its surface. Here Orlando had the advantage; he was
naked, and could swim like a fish. He soon reached the bank, and,
careless of praise or blame, stopped not to see what came of theadventure. Rodomont, entangled with his armor, escaped with difficulty
to the bank. Meantime, Flordelis passed the bridge unchallenged.

After long wandering without success she returned to Paris, and there
found the object of her search; for Florismart, after the fall of
Albracca, had repaired thither. The joy of meeting was clouded to
Florismart by the news which Flordelis brought of Orlando's wretched
plight. The last she had seen of him was when he fell with Rodomont
into the stream. Florismart, who loved Orlando like a brother, resolved
to set out immediately, under the guidance of the lady, to find him,
and bring him where he might receive the treatment suited to his case.
A few days brought them to the place where they found the Tartar king
still guarding the bridge. The usual challenge and defiance was made,
and the knights rode to encounter one another on the bridge. At the
first encounter both horses were overthrown; and, having no space to