Subject: [weirds] ICANN Draft Roadmap to Implement SAC 051

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Feb 2012 19:52:31 -0000

SAC 051 is about coming up with a replacement for name WHOIS, which
they now call Domain Name Registration Data Access Protocols, pronounced
DNRDAP.

They've published a draft roadmap to implement it here:

http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/sac051-draft-roadmap-18feb12-en.htm

The comment period runs March 18, and a reply period through 8 April
so it doesn't appear there's any imminent actions, but to the extent
that people would want WEIRDS stuff to be reusable for names, this is
where it'd be reused.

R's,
John

---

From: Francisco Arias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:27:10 -0800

>that people would want WEIRDS stuff to be reusable for names, this is

About timeline, the document states in the "Next Steps" section:

"Š the report will be finalized for Board and community action by the
Prague meeting in June 2012."

__

Francisco.