Subject: [wpkops] Fwd: Certificate Transparency Survey

From: Rob Stradling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:39:13 +0000

Ben Laurie has sent this survey to all of the CAs in Mozilla's list.

Of interest to this WG is question d and the promise to publish a 
compiled list of CA responses.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Certificate Transparency Survey
Date: 	Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:14:16 +0000
From: 	Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
To: 	benl <[email-masked]>

Please reply by January 17, 2014, with your response to these questions.
A compiled list of CA responses to the following questions will be
published.

Further to our recent communication about Certificate Transparency (I
include our draft plan again for your information), firstly, you might
be interested to know that release 33 of Chrome will include Certificate
Transparency support. A version including this support can be found at
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/index.html.

Secondly, we would like to find out what software CAs are using which
would be affected by Certificate Transparency, so, if you would, please
could you share with me:

a) Were you previously aware of Certificate Transparency?

b) Do you issue EV certificates?

c) What software and operating system you use to run your CA/RA? Please
include version numbers.

d) What software and operating system you use for your OCSP responder?
Please include version numbers.

e) Do you intend to implement Precertificates for Certificate
Transparency? If so, when?

f) Do you intend to embed SCTs in OCSP responses? If so, when?

g) Are you interested in running a Certificate Transparency log server?