Subject: [XCON] RFC 6501 on Conference Information Data Model for Centralized Conferencing (XCON)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6501

        Title:      Conference Information Data Model for 
                    Centralized Conferencing (XCON) 
        Author:     O. Novo, G. Camarillo,
                    D. Morgan, J. Urpalainen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      94
        Characters: 180210
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-32.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6501.txt

RFC 5239 defines centralized conferencing (XCON) as an association of
participants with a central focus.  The state of a conference is
represented by a conference object.  This document defines an XML-
based conference information data model to be used for conference
objects.  A conference information data model is designed to convey
information about the conference and about participation in the
conference.  The conference information data model defined in this
document constitutes an extension of the data format specified in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event package for conference State.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC