Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-03
From: Chris Lilley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:12:16 +0200
List-Id: <ietf-xml-mime.imc.org>

This is a forwarded message
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 5:56:50 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-03

===8<==============Original message text===============

A new version of I-D, draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-03.txt has been successfuly submitted by Chris Lilley and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml
Revision:        03
Title:           XML Media Types
Creation_date:   2009-09-24
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 49

Abstract:
This document standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) while deprecating text/xml and text/
xml-external-parsed-entity.  This document also standardizes a
convention (using the suffix '+xml') for naming media types outside
of these five types when those media types represent XML MIME
entities.  XML MIME entities are currently exchanged via the
HyperText Transfer Protocol on the World Wide Web, are an integral
part of the WebDAV protocol for remote web authoring, and are
expected to have utility in many domains.

Major differences from [RFC3023] are deprecation of text/xml and
text/xml-external-parsed-entity, the addition of XPointer and XML
Base as fragment identifiers and base URIs, respectively, mention of
the XPointer Registry, and updating of many references.

The IETF Secretariat.

===8<===========End of original message text===========

-- 
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:[email-masked]
 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG