Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v3.1.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 08:53:24 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v3.1.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (3.1.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Fixed an issue with an extra comma rendered in HTML for empty date 
    elements.  Fixes issue #542.

  * Added escaping of quotes in page footer and header components when
    generating the @page CSS for PDF output, in order to avoid issues
    when building quoted CSS content strings from the components.  
    Fixes issue #544.

  * Added a CSS workaround for an unexpected HTML rendering behaviour in 
    some browsers, where a <dt> following an empty <dd> would be indented.  
    Fixes issue #545.

  * Improved error messages and the handling of artwork with no "type" 
    attribute value when "binary-art" would have been correct.
    Fixes issue #535.

  * Reverted the default value for the --legacy-date-format to false, on 
    request from the RPC.

  * Fixed table cell padding to not add left paddding for left-aligned 
    columns if not all lines in the column can be padded in the same manner,
    and similarly for right-aligned columns.  Fixes issue #543.

  * Tweaked utils.build_dataurl() to give consistent results across Python 
    versions (tilde was added to the default safe characters in Python 3.7,
    so the default percentage-escape results of binary content differed if
    it contained a 0x7e (tilde) character.

  * Fixed a bug in finding the length of the longest word in a table cell, 
    used to determine minimum cell width for text output.

  * Added a new test case with a tightly constrained table to excercise the 
    issue in #543.

  * Added <title> to the list of elements that can have Latin script 
    content without needing the 'ascii' attribute set.  Fixes issue #525.

  * Refined the rendering of <xref> with format='title' for the text 
    formatter.

  * Added docfile and manpage information about elements that are permitted 
    to have Latin script content without an ascii attribute equivalent being 
    set.

  * Expanded on the docfile description of elements that can have Latin 
    script content without ASCII fallback.

  * Added a test case related to issue #525.

  * Changed the HTML rendering of <xref> within <name> to use square 
    brackets.  Fixes issue #498.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  13 Sep 2020 15:49:00 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/3.1.0'

Documentation for this release is built-in, and also available at:
  https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/xml2rfc-doc-3.1.0.html

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)