Subject: [xml2rfc] Fwd: #547 (Version_3_cli_html): bare attribute has no effect on HTML output (and may not be needed at all)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 16:09:51 +0200

(FYI)

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------
Betreff: [xml2rfc] #547 (Version_3_cli_html): bare attribute has no
effect on HTML output (and may not be needed at all)
Datum: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 13:50:41 -0000
Von: xml2rfc issue tracker <[email-masked]>
An: [email-masked]
Kopie (CC): [email-masked], [email-masked]

#547: bare attribute has no effect on HTML output (and may not be needed
at all)

  I'm puzzled by this attribute.

  1. It apparently has only effect on TEXT output. Why?

  2. It's documented to generate an unordered list without symbols and
  without any indentation. Where's the difference to just a list of
  paragraphs?

  I checked AUTH48 XML and the only case (outside the TOC which should not
  be in the XML in the first place) was in RFC8727 where it is used in table
  cells - a use case for which we added <br>, unless I'm missing something.

  This either needs a fix for HTML output and proper
  motivation/documentation, or should be removed.

--
-----------------------------------+-----------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  task                   |     Status:  new
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_html     |    Version:
  Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+-----------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/547>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>