Subject: [xmpp] SIP-XMPP mapping specs

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:58:44 -0600

Recently I've received expressions of interest in reviving and
finalizing the SIP-XMPP mapping specifications. In rough order of
maturity they are:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-sip-xmpp-core/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-sip-xmpp-presence/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-sip-xmpp-im/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-sip-xmpp-chat/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-sip-xmpp-groupchat/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-sip-xmpp-media/

If anyone here would like to provide feedback on these specs, I would
appreciate hearing about off-list so that I can determine if there's
energy enough to move them forward somehow (that might not be in the
XMPP WG, although there's an item on the WG's charter to "define a
framework within which this work could be completed").

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:05:21 -0500

(As chair)

Hi,

Elaborating on Peter's comment that this work "might not be in the XMPP wg", although it is mentioned in the XMPP charter:

We removed the related milestone for SIP-XMPP mapping a while back, based on the working group's express lack of interest at the time. I think the only reason the charter language remains is that we simply did not feel the need for a complete recharter at the time. I do not mean this to prejudice any future decisions on the matter, but if we decide to add the milestone(s) back, we would need to treat it as proposed new work, rather than just restarting an existing, but dormant, work item.

That doesn't mean we can't reuse existing (or expired) drafts--just that we will need both a work group consensus and AD approval to add the milestones back. 

Thanks!

Ben.

On Jun 26, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> xmpp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xmpp

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:57:00 -0600

My opinion is: let's see if anyone actually sends me direct feedback as
they promised or I requested. I'm using that as a gauge of energy levels. :)

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/